Friday, December 06, 2002

separate worlds

Ok, the game is over. quick, wasn't that? Actually, it wasn't that quick, but I'm just reporting everything at the end so it seems like it was really quick.

Turns out that it was the situation of 'my best friends wedding'...except I was the gay guy. (i'm not gay, fwiw). At least it wasn't me, although in my analysis, I think it was me, regardless of what she says. But at least I can move on and get on with life. I feel a lot more free and relaxed now. You would think I'm in mourning, but I'm not. I think it is because we never quite connected, even though I thought she was a woman of God and the most gorgeous woman in the world (in my eyes.)

I mentioned to a friend of mine last night now I like to keep my worlds separate. My college friends, church friends, sport friends, work friends, etc, etc...this causes me undue stress when we have social functions for people at work...I have 2 different lives...a work life and my life..nevver to the twain meet..but when we have a company christmas party, I don't know what to talk about or how to react in this social environment, because most of my social interaction is with people who I have a long standing relationship with. I rarely ever connect with people at work, so to try to do that now is strange...

Whenever I have a party, I make sure that they are in their respective circles, because if you have 2 or more circles there at the party, they tend to congregate together, and to me that displays disunity...*shrug* I don't know why I think that way.

Last night, we had YAM and Rod used me as an example of what would happen in the end times. "Josh Chen lost his job and his possessions because of his faith" was what was said...Now this was just an illustration, but I had 3 people come up to me to give their condolences...This was amusing, but I got an offer to stay at this guy's place. What struck me about this is that this guy has been out of work for 20 months and is nearly at the end of his rope. Yet he offered up his place to stay at for free, at least until his landlord kicks him out... I'm amazed at his generosity, moreso in relation to how little generosity I show towards others...I have a lot to learn and I'm struggling...
Subscribe to this blog

No comments: