Thursday, January 09, 2003

bachelorette morbid fascination

Last night I ended up watching 'the bachelorette' in truth because I wanted to see how stunning this trista girl was...The thing was, I was so ashamed of watching it, that I ended up watching it at 1am after andi had gone to sleep. Somehow I didn't want anyone to know that I was watching 'the bachelorette'. I now know what is called the 'jerry springer' effect. you want to stop watching, but you can't. I planned to see the first couple of minutes and ended up watching the entire thing, even rewinding parts that I thought were funny, or that there might be little signals, etc, etc..

how sad.

The worst of it is that then you get caught up in this and at least for the guys, I start measuring myself up against them. I'm not as tall, good-looking, or polished as they are, plus to sit there and be vying for her attention, making the most of it doesn't make me comfortable, and that
will come off in the ensuing conversation...

So no more bachelorette for me.

On another note, my roommate pointed out to me my lack of knowledge about poaching an egg. First of all, I have never poached an egg in my entire life. I didn't even know what poaching an egg means. Poaching is hunting when you shouldn't be...so how could you poach an egg. I regret to say that my life as a care-free poach-free person has come to an abrupt end. Andi poaches eggs and I witnessed poaching for the first time in my life. It's funny to think how in all of our lives, everyone thinks that there are certain things that everyone else has experienced, that are even NECESSARY experience to truly live life. But I've done 30 years without poaching an
egg and I'll probably go another 30 years (God willing) without poaching an egg.

We also talked about confrontation and how I was a avoider. I hate confrontation. One of the revelations that I had was that in any argument, I tend to assume that I'm in the wrong and I spend my time justifying my position when I really should be starting from the side that I was innocent and have the burden of proof be on them.

case in point: I put a deposit down on a subaru wrx sti. They are not coming out till later on this year, but they'll be in limited quantities so I wanted to make sure I got one. The problem was is that there were a lot of people ahead of me at this dealership. So I looked for another dealership and got on their waiting list. Turns out that you can't have your name on more than one waiting list, which I didn't know. So now I'm in danger of losing both orders...which is ironic, because the whole reason I put in these orders was to make sure I got sooner. Now, because I was supposed to know that I could only be on this list once they're penalizing me. so now I have to argue...which I'm NOT looking forward to.
Subscribe to this blog

No comments: