Friday, November 04, 2005

Scared of a House

I'm scared of my new house. It's spooky at night, with all the old furnishings and unfamiliar noises and such. The thought that the husband died upstairs or in the house really freaks me out. I don't know if I should as a christian, but nevertheless, I feel scared like I'm gonna get haunted by a ghost when I go to live there.

In the back of my mind, I think it's silly for a 33 yo man to be afraid of living alone in a house by himself, but I am. I really don't look forward to living in a unfamiliar place without anyone around. If it was an apartment, or a condo, where other people are living in the same structure as you, then I don't mind it. But living alone in a house is freaky and frankly it sucks.

I think this is true for any move. I think back to the first time I moved into the house I am in now, and how for the first few weeks, everything was scary and freaky. After a while, it wasn't so bad, especially once my roommate moved in. But for a while, I remember telling my mom that I hated living there and would rather live somewhere else for a while.

It's funny, because I always thought of myself as a nomad, that I wouldn't really be affected this much by moving...I love new places and I love new things, so why is it that I dread moving to another place?

I do have to correct myself. I love to move. But I hate to move alone. If I had another roommate who would be coming with me from day one, I think I would be ok. But if not, then I think I would have stayed where I am at, no matter what.

No comments: