Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Rhema

The spoken word. How powerful is it? I know that I have written about this before, but this morning, I was in the prayer room dwelling upon Christ and what He wanted to say to me and for some reason, every time the singers sang a spontaneous chorus, it really hit me. here are a couple of the spontanouous chorus;

Help me trust you
Help my unbelief
I want to be dependent
I want to be dependent on you

There’s not a care in the world
when I trust in you cojmpletely

I have always been
pursuing you
pursuing you

This love won’t stop
This desire won’t stop
This fire won’t stop
Pursuing me, Pursuing me

Fill our hearts with joy
Fill our hearts with gladness
The world can’t give it
The world can’t take it away

We started singing, “Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee” and we sang a part that said, “I’ve got the joy” over and over again. As many of you know, it would previously drive me nuts because it’s like, “I get it. I have the joy”. But I find now that while I may get it in my mind, it is my heart that needs to hear it and hear it many times before the heart believes.

And as we sang that over and over, I started to really believe it in my heart. I may not feel it, but I was speaking to my Father saying, “Ive got the joy! I’ve got the joy!” and the Lord was speaking back to me saying, “That’s right. It’s your portion”. I realized that speaking it out calls forth that which really is. It brings forth truth. And it isn’t just speaking it and not believing, but speaking it out and believing for it. Shoot, we see this in the OT in 2 Kings 9:6-10 where one of the servants of the prophets ends up delivering a word to Jehu, anoint him king and runs away. But the word, once spoken, brings for Jehu as the King of Israel. Why? Because the servant had authority? No. It is because the word was spoken that brought forth Jehu to royalty IN A MOMENT.

That is the power of the spoken word. Be careful on what you speak (Ps 141:3) and speak according to His Word. Oh mean, I can’t wait.

No comments: