Sunday, August 01, 2010

Body Betrayal

I think that time has caught up with me. I have noticed a difference in my body of late. It seems that it has gotten significantly weaker in the past couple of months. I noticed this when I was playing with the kids that I wasn’t able to keep up because my body was....soft. I found myself stumbling because my body strength wasn’t strong enough to be able to make the sudden changes in direction that were necessary. And even as I were to do squats and the exercises that in the past I was able to easily with enthusiasm and energy, I find myself laboring and giving up far sooner than I had just 6-8 months ago.

Have I fallen that far? Has my conditioning gone by the wayside so much? I’ve been concentrating so much on other things (of which are better for sure) and in the midst of that being fatigued and it’s got me wondering. Do I need to condition my body a little more just to stay in shape? sigh. getting older isn’t easy. :)

No comments: