I can never seem to catch my breath this week. Yesterday I find myself doing all my finances, seeing 10 day notices from the government that tell me that I'm going to be in dog doo if I don't file a employment security return for my business.
Can't I just have a day where I do nothing? Probably not, cause then I'll get bored and invariably want to do something else. Part of that is because I'm so used to running around, that not running around seems unnatural, even wrong.
I'm reading this book the purpose-driven life, and I find that my life is more of a 'driven' life, without a purpose. Driving to what? I dunno. Financial security? maybe. But as Rich Mullin's once sang, "Everyone says they need just One Thing, but what they really meant is that they need just One Thing More".
What's my One thing more? dunno. Materially, God's blessed me with enough finances to get most anything that I would want, but I find myself saying, "I need that iPod, or I want that Headphone Amp for $300 bucks" and no longer does that sound expensive to me. I think that's what scares me the most. When $300 doesn't seem like a lot of money to spend, suddenly you wonder at what point did you lose touch with what was resonable?
Wednesday, January 28, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment