You know, I think I know what it is like to wait for a phone call like a girl. it sucks. I do not envy women.
On another note, I'm working like a madman at work so I can go on vacation to taiwan. It'll be good to finally go on vacation. with all the work that i've been doing, I hope that it will be relaxing.
I am reading this book 4-hour work week...interesting concepts. I don't know if they all really apply, since it's about some guy who ended up running a successful company, took himself out of it and how lives the life where he only has to work 4 hour work weeks. He fails to mention that it probably took him a lot of work to get to a successful company in the first place, and that automating things is a little harder than it seems. The book makes you think that you can go ahead and start a business, be filthy rich in a couple of months and retire for the rest of your life. I have a hard time swallowing that kool-aid, but who knows, maybe there is a element of truth to it. What I do like about the book are the challenges at the end of each chapter. Things like 'eye contact' which I have a big problem with, and "asking a strangers phone number" is another one. These exercises are there to push you beyond your comfort zone, and I love that part of it. We'll see what happens. It's good exercise for me. :) I'm still stuck at the eye contact one. ;)
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment