Had a interesting conversation with my roommate yesterday. We talked about how there are so many distractions in this world that takes us away from the Lord. Dale is in a bible study with a couple of other co-workers and one of the common traits with the co-workers were that they knew what they needed to do, and they had a desire to grow in the Lord, but there was a sense of "I like this life I'm living" that reminded me of the seed that fell among the thorns.
Which gets me thinking about me, and whether or not I'm a seed among the thorns. It makes me wonder if I can change that, because in the parable the sower is the one who plants the seed. I have no control over that, right? I realize that I have all these dreams that I want to realize. I know I can't fulfill them all in this lifetime but even more than that, I need to place my hope and dreams in the Lord, rather than in accomplishing my goals. I've heard it for years before, but I'm only realizing now the real essence of 'placing my hopes and dreams in the Lord', rather than in things of this world.
Reading this on the surface, it doesn't seem like a earth shattering revelation, seeing that this message is preached at all over the country, thousands of times before this. Maybe if you see me, you can ask me about it and I can explain it further...a blog doesn't seem to do it justice with the time I have available to me.
Subscribe to this blog
Thursday, August 08, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment