Friday, August 02, 2002

Fear in my life

Ok, I know it has been a while since I have last blogged. Things have been busy and quite honestly, I haven't had any great things to say. Last night I was thinking about my small group and how I haven't seen my guys in a while. Going to YAM without small groups is much like IV Large Group. It suddenly becomes more of a place to see your friends rather than actually coming to know God more. I am hoping to get into a small group again as a member (I was a leader before)

Ok, here's a thought. I'm interested in this girl, but I think I might have blown it with her. i.e. I came on too strong, inviting her to all these things and feeling like the conversations have been 'semi-forced'... So for the women readers here, (yes, all 2 of you.) do you give a guy a 2nd chance if he's "freaked you out" a little bit on the first try? Does the guy back off for a while, give some breathing room, and try again? I got her email and I could email her, but somehow I think that right now that wouldn't be the best thing to do. As you can tell, it's been a long time since I last dated someone. (5 years)

I've discovered that there is a lot of fear in my life. A point came up last night about our beliefs and how non-believers can really challenge and grow you in your faith...I never thought about that really, but it makes sense. I guess I'm just afraid that they'll poke a hole in Christianity that I would not be able to "patch" or resolve...what a sad way to life eh?

Then I got into this wedding situation...This weekend I'm going to Colleen's wedding (college friend...not really good friends, but we have talked when the college gang gets together). Wilkin (whose going to Colleen's wedding) asked me if I would be willing to go to ANOTHER wedding with this girl Janet as a favor (she needs an escort and knows no one at this wedding except the bride and groom.)...Now you should know that Wilkin likes to play matchmaker and wants to see me get together with her, but Colleen has personally asked me and I had said yes. I debated about this for a while and decided because I had already committed to colleen personally, that I couldn't renege on that. But I feel like e I had let Wilkin down or something...What would you have done?

That's it for now...I know, after a couple of days you would think that I would have more to talk about. But I don't.
Subscribe to this blog

No comments: