Wednesday, August 07, 2002

Not acting my age

I think I'm getting to a point where I realize that I'm not 'acting my age'. I'm a pretty go lucky free spirit kind of guy and many people say that I have this child-like enthusiasm. That's who I am, but I'm starting to question what it means to be 30. (I'll be 30 in a couple of months) Acting a certain way, or being more "mature". I feel like I'm pretty responsible and keep a even keel in times of adversity and therefore am "mature". But then I look at what kind of man I want to be and all I see are the inadequecies. I guess I have an ideal of what a 30 yr old or a mature man should behave in a particular manner, and I don't behave that way and nor do I dress in that fashion.

I drive fast and if I'm honest, reckless at times. I enjoy peeling out, or taking turns at high speeds. I love to stay up late into the night and go spontaneously to some far off place. These traits are things that I feel aren't what a "mature" person should desire...I know that this is really all in my mind, but I can't help feeling that way regardless.
Subscribe to this blog

No comments: