Tuesday, December 28, 2004

End Goal Motivation

Well, now that I'm on this discipline kick, I need to figure out how to sustain it. It's not like I haven't tried this before, but I always fall short after a while. Given that if I try the same things (Just do it) I will probably end up with the same results. So what can I do different to make sure this stays the course?

Shall I be motivated by the end goal? tried that. at some point, my end goal doesn't look as appealing anymore. Maybe because it's the lofty expectations that I have and the amount of work I think it will take to acheive that goal. I think I have bought into the american mentality that there has to be some drug, some handicap that I can use to shortcut my path to my goal. So in order to change this mentality, I need to reject that notion and think that things take a lot of hard work.

This is hard, because to be honest, things have come somewhat easy in my life. I haven't had any real financial hardship where I have had to make hard choices in shelter, food, or other necessities. And the jobs that I have had have all been good jobs and I haven't had to go unemployed at all since I started working after college.

So should I put myself in a situation of hardship, to break myself free from this american mentality? seems kind of overkill, but then that could be my american mentality coming to the fore. :)

in any case, I brought my car in to the shop and was reflecting on how many times I have brought my car into the shop...probably around 6 times this year alone. Does this mean it's not a reliable car? or that I'm really paranoid about the car? I have in my mind that my Subaru is a reliable car, but I don't know if I can be objective abou the car( I really really like the car)....so here is what I have brought it in for:

  1. exhaust rattling
  2. enging pinging
  3. struts rattling
  4. seat belt not retracting
  5. brakes replaced (normal wear, but covered under warranty. nice!)
All of this in the 1 1/2 years that I have had the car. Is this much ? Does this say it is not a reliable car?

The nice thing is that I go to Liberty Subaru, which is a great dealership. I get a courtesy car every time, and it is usually pretty nice. I've gotten a

  1. Chevy Cavelier
  2. Hyundai Sonata
  3. Nissan Murano
  4. Subaru Outback
Which has all been really nice. no muss, no fuss...I highly recommend them for service. don't know if their that mod-friendly, but for the dealer service, I Would go back to them anyday.




Subscribe to this blog

No comments: