Thursday, April 11, 2002

Mabye, just mabye

today is such a beautiful day! I come into work, and evidentally everyone else thinks the same thing. I have 20 emails about ultimate frisbee, and it gets me thinking about the YAM ultimate frisbee sundays...I would love to start to do them again, even though I'm totally out of shape. Even going up the stairs, my heart starts to pound! Maybe it's because of the medication that I have been taking. Yeah, that's it. Or maybe I'm just out of shape.

Maybe.

Did you know that I spells 'maybe' as 'mabye' all the way up until college? I swear to you that I thought it was always spelled mabye, until Chris, a friend of mine in college mentioned it to me. Funny, that I could go 20 years in life using a common word like mabye and spelling is wrong. just like I did in the last sentence.

On another note, it's small group night again, and once again, I haven't prepared anything. What do you do when you've had a long term responsibility, but have lost the fire to do it well? Do you quit? What if there isn't anyone out there who will pick up the slack if you do quit? What do you think?

A couple of houses went up for sale around in my area. Seems like everyone is moving out of my neighborhood. (well, ok, 3 people on my street and 2 on the street behind me.) Where are they moving to?!? I'm too chicken to actually go over there and talk to them. The neighborhood I'm in is a pretty nice neighborhood, in the historical part of town and everyone is nice, and to be frank, affluent. (I'm the black sheep of the neighborhood) So why leave? I jump onto realtor.com to see if the houses are there, and sure enough, I get to take a virtual tour of these homes. All this tells me is that my house is a dump. I have no dining table. No rugs. exactly 2 picture frames in the entire house, and absolutely no desk lamps. ok, ok, ok...my house isn't a dump, but now I can see how the 'keeping up with the joneses' ' starts...coveteousness is an insidious thing. Why is it that we as human beings, are satisfied with what we have, until we see that someone has someething that is better/nicer/more expensive?

Subscribe to this blog

No comments: