It really pays to do stuff yourself, you know? I suddenly realize how penny-wise, but pound foolish I have been in the last couple of years. Heck, I would spend thousands of dollars on a audio system, but I would buy the cheaper pair of brakes, because I could save a buck, when the more expensive one is recommended....Why is that?
Went to YAM last night, and didn't feel too social, and left early. To be honest, I felt like I was checking out all the women, and I really didn't like that about myself...I really should be there at YAM to seek after the Lord, not after some hottie across the room. But sometimes, they're really hot...
Ok, that was a little digression there.
I changed my brakes yesterday, since I got that horrible squealing coming from my car... I can't believe that one of my brakes calipers rusted out...now I have to buy a whole new set of brakes! And along with that, the guy said that I probably should get new rotors also....the total tab for it? $900! I don't have that money lying around, so we worked out a deal where I would come back in 6-12 months, (because the brakes are fine actually, it's just I will be going through brake pads a lot faster than normal) when I have the funds....I'm thinking about selling the car, since it's a '94, and as 150k miles on it. For $1000 in cash, and probably 4k for the car, I could then get a $5k car, or a nice downpayment on a Mini... :)
Subscribe to this blog
Friday, June 07, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment