Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Hit a bicyclist

I hit a bicyclist today. Not at high speed mind you, but I was turning left and to be honest, I think I spaced out, because I didn't see the biker ride across the street. She ended up landing on my hood and falling down on the street. I was in shock, as this has never happened to me before, and I didn't know what to do...she understandably was pissed off and didn't even want to talk to me so it was hard for me to offer help or anything like that. I offered to fix her bike if there was anything wrong with it, but she didn't even want to hear me...so I Didn't know what to do in that situation. I didn't even know how to react. Thankfully the police came and were able to help, but I still felt helpless, since I couldn't do anything...

So now I have to go to court for the first time in my life on sept 2nd, 10:30am in Skokie. I'm imaginging something like people's court, but honestly I have no idea...

No comments: