Of course, I then read priscilla's entry, and I'm LOL as this is the first time I've been called the asian tom cruise. Does this mean I will end up jumping on the couch of a talk show one day? Or maybe just on the couch of my living room? You never know what you're capable of...Maybe after I finally choose the handywoman of my dreams, I'll end up jumping on the couch. or more likely jumping on the couch, slipping and crashing on the floor and have my wife throw me over her shoulder and carry me to the hospital. Yes, that is what will happen most likely.
Oh yes, in the interest of being a man of integrity, I must mention that I do not have the "cool car" anymore. Basically the Lord asked me to give it up, and after a lot of soul searching, wrangling and wrestling, I yielded to the Lord. The funny thing was, for 2 months, I fought the Lord about this, (I love the car!) and there wasn't a "common sense" reason to give it up. (the car is paid off, I need a car for work, etc, etc.) But in the end, as always, the Lord has His way with me. So now I am driving this:
Let the good times roll. :) (yes, this was my mom's car. I've been reduced to taking handouts from my mom. Humble pie doesn't taste that great, especially with the extra slices I ate.)
On another note, I'm starting to get into the discpline of fasting. Some of the most intimate times I have had with the Lord have been during the fast. You know the feeling, where the Lord's presence is tangible and convicts your heart...sometimes I wonder why I don't fast more. Then I see the White Castle and smell the sweet smell of onions and grade D meat. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment