Ok, this morning, I faced up to the fact that I'm addicted to Tivo. So I'm giving it up for a week. No more TV, no more Tivo...it's getting to the point where it's 1am and I'm looking for things to watch that I've ALREADY watched...sad. Here's hoping that it will go beyond a week and lasts for a while.
I see this pattern of God refining me. First it was the car. After the car, I thought that I would be good for a while, but God is constantly bringing up other areas of my life...sometimes I want to tell God, "can't we take a break? It's hard and I want some rest..." But I guess there's a lot to do in my life, and God's like, "we've got a lot way to go, so the sooner we address these issue, the sooner we can get some joy into your life..."
I always thought that giving things up for the Lord was a sign of strength, but in reality, it 's a sign of weakness. I know I can't handle having TV or the nice car because I am not as satisfied with Christ...So me giving up stuff is a indication of how weak I am, rather than a indication of strength. Which brings to mind 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
I guess I have always been weak. I just didn't accept that fact... :)
Tuesday, May 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment