You know, I get a lot of the same complaints from women at YAM. "Why doesn't the guy ask me out? Why do guys never ask women out, and they are so passive?"
Well, let me tell you women. It's "opportunity cost". What is opportunity cost, you may ask? In strict definition, it is here. When I talk to guys about women, it's always the opportunity cost that comes up. One of my friends says, "The worst nightmare for a guy is to meet his wife on his wedding day." For some that is true completely, and for some this may not be as true. What goes through a guy's mind?
Most guys I know want to have the best. Usually that is determined by a set of factors that are generally shared among most guys. The thought that goes through another guy's mind is "hrm. maybe if I wait around, I can find someone better." It could be better in terms of hotness, smarts, or a myriad number of other things...like hotness. ;) But in reality the big fear of guys is that one day while they are in a relationship, that they meet this amazing woman that they realize they should have wait for, but now since they are in a relationship, it is 'opportunity cost'. So rather than be total creeps, men will rather do nothing until they are absolutely sure that this is the "best" match they can have...
Women always say, "why? How could you think that? You are in a relationship, and that's it." not for a guy at least...
ok, that was my random thought. Onto the bigger and better things. I saw this site, and I really want to try it. I just don't know how I'm going to catch 4 flies...they're fast little buggers...
http://www.mit.edu:8001/people/dinoriki/phliez/work-well-together.html
on another note, it's day 3 of my tivo fast...it's getting better...I swear that satan is just putting thoughts into my head on "gilmore girls is getting to it's season finale, so you don't want to miss that..." ugh. :)
Thursday, May 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment