I was thinking about my friends and how new people want to be my friend, but I don't let them in my inner circle until they prove to me that they have a servants heart. why is this? It's because I want to surround myself with people who are actively working for Christ rather than just sitting there and soaking up the great teaching that Harvest has to offer.
Even then it's not a guarenteed "invite" cause there is still personality issues and all...
am I too elitist? No, because if you weren't highly selective about your close friends, you could be influencing yourself negatively with the people that you are around.
So what is the best way to be my close friend? Serve in the church. Be a active member of the Christ community, and invariably you will run into me, and due to working with Christ together, nothing brings people closer together than that.
Sunday, February 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment