Friday, February 11, 2005

Proper Reaction

Just had a co-worker today talk about her getting pregnant and now her and her boyfriend of 2 1/2 years are getting married.

so obviously there is pre-marital sex going on, and for some reason, when she told me, I was like "Congrats!, when's the baby due?" which I don't think is the right reaction to have. I think I had that reaction because I really don't know how to react to that...how do you react to someone telling you that they are pregnant due to an action that you believe is wrong? Should you condemn them? Does it depend on the relationship? Does my "Congrats" implicit state that I condone such behavior?

I can't think of a good way to "backtrack" and talk to her about the whole thing, partially cause I don't know how to necessarily bring it up without sounding "old-fashioned". But on the other side, when should I take the stand? I feel like my relationship with her (saying hi, occasionally studying togetherr) doesn't give me the right to condemn her for what she has done, but I cannot sit and do nothing, can I?

No comments: