Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Listening to the Past

I was just listening to the past. My mom had interviewed my Grandpa and it's very strange to listen to my Grandpa relating stories about his life in Taiwanese. It's been so long since I have heard someone speak in Taiwanese for an extended period of time. Most of the people I speak and talk to are english and I don't get a chance to talk Taiwanese or Chinese.

I don't know why I have such an adversion to the Chinese church. It could be because I think that I am just one of the masses when I'm at a chinese church, where if I am at a american church, I'm a 'asian', rare and special. Isn't that sad that I would have to resort to my race to feel special?

I'm supposed to MC YAM this thursday, and I"m really nervous. I've never MC'ed before, and I hope that I get everything right. In a lot of ways, I'm wondering why am I nervous. I've been up there before, but most of the time it is singing. In a lot of ways, I wonder if I'm praying enough for YAM...I know when I don't pray I end up trying on my own strength...

one of the things that this morning's sermon mentioned was that if we do not feed our spritiual appetite, it dies. I have realized this in my life. While external discipline is not a sustainable way of doing this, I feel like at this point in my life, I need someone to discipline me to get up at least for a couple of days to read the Word in the morning...after that, I need to motivate myself to do it....

No comments: