I have noticed that if you spend time around beautiful people, that their 'visual impact' is blunted after a short amount of time. That said, chasing after a 'visual impact' girl is bound to be demoralizing, as after a while most of the time you get used to their looks and suddenly feel that they're not as good looking as you thought they were. Their skin has this flaw or that their feature has that flaw.
Why do I bring this up? Because at the ripe old age of 32, I start understanding people when they said, "looks don't matter". In my younger years, I would have thought in the back of my mind that "it's because you're not good looking yourself, so that's why you say that..." Terrible I know. But I'm starting to come around. Maybe this means that I'm not as attractive as I thought. Could be. I'm ok with that.
I know beauty fades. We all get wrinkles, things sag, and we start hunching over more and more. I always thought that that takes a lot of time, but I start realizing that the beauty fades in the eye of the beholder more quickly than I thought.
Monday, June 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment