Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Detroit UF 2006: Act I

God threw us a curve ball today. We woke up, and it was going to be severe thunderstorms and hail. There was a brief thought of continuing with our plan to play ultimate frisbee, but the thought of unconcious kids knocked out by hail in the field didn't sit well in our minds, so we said that if there was going to be rain, we were going to continue. Sure enough, that is what we got, thereby negating our entire schedule for the day...so we had to scramble and throw something together...it was chaos. it was nuts. we all weren't having fun in the beginning, but pushing through it and relying upon God, we had a great time, and God really used the time to get the kids together...The gospel was preached, and the kids had fun, and it turned out wonderful.

I once again had to lead the large group time, and did my best impression of jeff donaldson doing king jesus...seems like they took to it pretty well.

Praise the Lord for His provision! I'm thinking that I actually will make it through the week...I had serious doubts yesterday.

more observations coming soon.
Story of the day:

We had a problem child (reggie) who didn't want to do any of the sports, do any of the activities as far as we knew, but wilkin overheard reggie tell his mom "I had a lot of fun, it was great!"

Just goes to show you that you never know how you are impacting the kids.

No comments: