Friday, June 23, 2006

Detroit UF 2006: The Final Act: The Ship Comes Home

It's nearly 2am right now on what is technically saturday. How I am still up will be explained later. Right now, I want to talk about how the camp ended. It's amazing for me to see how God is working, even when you are at your worst...I was really tired and incoherent today, and I don't know if it is because of lack of preparation (always a issue with me) or whether it is because I'm at a breaking point. Irregardless of these things, the camp went really really well. We saw Dejahne (pronounced day-juh-nay) have a talk with one of the counselors after I explained the gospel message to the kids in my team. (which incidentally, mendenhall prepared me for in such a great way, praise God!) One of the kids, Akiel. (pronounced uh-keel) was constantly asking me why we had to stop the camp today, cause they really wanted me to come back...they were asking where I was from, and whether I would be here next week and all...it amazes me that I would get attached to these kids in just 3 days. Getting these kids to all yell in unison, with 'King Jesus' is so great...I don't know what it is about this song, but almost always is the highlight of the day.

After the camp was over, we ended up going to Belle Isle to play some ultimate frisbee with the volunteers, which was just so much fun...going to belle Isle and playing under the lights is just a great experience, and I wish I could experience this in chicago somewhere. Everything was going well, until I dove for a catch, and nearly separated my shoulder. Thankfully I didn't do that, but I did sprain my shoulder. So off I went to the Henry Ford hospital emergency room to make sure I didn't do something to my collarbone. 4 hours, a shot of toridal, and a couple of x-rays later, I got discharged with a sprained shoulder, and not even a splint to hold my arm in place....the good news? it's my right shoulder, not my left, so I can still write, and better yet, the doc says that I can still run, which is really really cool :) With that, I'm going to sleep. :)

No comments: