all?"
My friend wilkin is really trying to get me into full time ministry. and I can't blame him, because it's been on my mind. I was just talking with my roommate about how it seems that I'm checking off time these past couple of months/years, and I don't like it. I'm trying all these things (rental units, real estate investment) and it's not fulfilling. The only thing I find fulfilling is ministry at this point in my life. It's tiring, and it is hard but I don't think that I will find fulfillment with a promising career in IT that I have been in for the last decade. ugh. it's scary to
say that I've been doing computers for over 10 years now. scary.
One of the things that I have learned tho on these trips is the power of prayer, and how God works things according to His plan, only if you seek Him in the plan and believe that it really is God, not your own effort, even though He has blessed you with talent. I've started realizing the role that talent plays with God in ministry, and it's a lot different from how I thought things were 'supposed' to be done....
For example...in our YAM planning meetings, we tend to think, "ok, what should we do next, and start planning out the logistics. But in reality., that isn't planning. The planning should start with prayer and seeking the Lord first in what He wants to do, and then when we get a confirmation, either through others or circumstances, then we start the logistic side of things like how much stuff we need for this activity, etc, etc, ettc....so I resolve this year to pray more for the direction of YAM and less time with the actual planning. Maybe that is what it means to lead a ministry...
No comments:
Post a Comment