There's so much preparation that is going on, and with the last couple of days till mendenhall, I get nervous more and more about the trip. I've been on a number of mission trips before, so it's strange that I would get so nervous about this trip.
We have a packing party to pack all the stuff that we're going to be donating to the mendenhall ministries and then on saturday we leave at the bright hour of 6am. On Saturday. No, not at the airport, but on a bus, for 15 hours with 2 breaks. As a good Christian would say, "what an opportunity to show grace to my brothers and sisters". I hear: "you mean I have to hold my farts and crap the entire time? Better make sure I don't eat too many beans before I leave."
Oh yeah. There is no #2 happening on the bus. Evidentally it stays with the bus and stays with you till nigh forever...Yes, it is going to be a interesting trip.
I'm packing all my stuff now, and here is the example of the packing list:
* Driver's License
* Medical Insurance Card
* Bible, notebook and pen
* 1 Church outfit (pants & dresses)
* 2 pair of gym shoes
* Jacket or warm clothing
* 2-3 pairs of shorts
* 2-3 pairs of light pants or jeans
* 3 t-shirts
* swimsuit
* bedding
* toiletries (travel size)
* contact lenses/eyewear if needed
* flashlight & batteries
* antibiotic baby wipes or purell
* sunscreen
* water bottle
* toilet Paper
* Towels/washcloth
* Money for food on the road
Do you notice what is missing? Underwear. Socks. It's pretty clear that the ministry values clean hands above all else with purell and antibiotic baby wipes, but doesn't mind whether or not you go commando or not. In shorts. In hot weather, while playing sports. Anyone else see this?
My prediction? Someone sometime during the week is going to go commando. it may even be me.
Wednesday, June 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment