Small Group last night was interesting. We ended up talking about how to pray, whether or not praying outside the will of God is ok, and what really are the promises of God that we can hold onto, what aren't, and how can we determine which promises are which. Can I rely upon God for healing? God promises to be with us till the end of the age, but what about the person who honors their father and mother and dies a early death? Can we trust in God's promise in Exodus 20:12
"Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee,"
Or do we just say that this really isn't a promise of God? If we do, what kind of logic/backing do you have to say that?
It was a really interesting discussion, but long...we went till 10pm, and by the time it was 9:30pm, we were still talking with no end in sight and I was getting antsy. Sad I know. Here we are discussing great issues of christianity and how it relates to our lives and I can't wait to go home and get to sleep. (you wouldn't believe the size of the dark bags under my eyes... )
I have in recent months become a pill popping junkie. sitting next to me is a film cannister filled with pills I take every day. A multi-vitamin, glucosamine, vitamin E, vitamin C, ibuprofen to name a few. I did have zinc and B12 in there as well, but B12 now gives me a headache, so I don't take that one anymore. I wonder if it's all a scam...I would like to think that I feel more energetic, that I get more out of my body through these pills, but there isn't a quantifiable way to judge that, so I'll be safe than sorry. Later in life, when I"m dealing with ulcers becacuse I popped ibuprofen so much, I'll be cursing merck/pfizer and all those other drug companies for their slick advertising. This will be right after I finish taking my 35 pills to counteract the damage the original pills did. :)
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment