So last night at church we talked about alcohol and the reasons that our pastor doesn't drink. They are good points, and his stance is that he doesn't drink, but he doesn't see drinking as a sin (although drunkedness IS!).
It has gotten me thinking. I tend to have a beer now and then (probably 3-4 times a week) cause I like the taste. I never drink more than one and there isn't a desire to get that buzz or anything. I don't consider it a temptation, nor is it something that I "crave". In fact, if it isn't in the fridge, it's not like I miss it or anything.
But I realize that I cajole those people who are close to me to have some when it may be a sin for them. I would go to a restaurant and have a glass of wine with the meal and it would pressure them in terms of getting something. In fact, while dating K, I was constantly having some wine, or having a occasional beer...and I realize that while it wasn't bad for me, it really wasn't good for K.
So I'm going to stop drinking, as I don't want it to be something that I need to have, or let it become too important in my life. This isn't to say that I will do this forever, but for now, I think that it's best.
Friday, April 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment