Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Blowing the food budget out of the water

Wow. I did my finances because I was distracted from studying for my exam on wed. And you know what I found out? I spent a TON of money on food this month. Dates are expensive... and what did I get for it? Nothing. not even a kiss. grr. ;)

So how much are we talking about? Well, I usually have budgeted around $150/month for eating out, which I think is pretty reasonable, planning for 2-3 meals out a week, nothing extravagant.

This month? $650.

You may ask, "how does a guy spend $650 in a month?" Well, between a couple of dates and foodie friends whom I go out with once in a while, I go out a bit. We aren't talking about going to the McDonald's, we're talking Redlight, Kiki's Bistro, Old Town Brasserie, Bin 36, etc. These are mid-upper tier of restaurants. Nothing like Everest, Moto or Trotters. But we are still talking about $60pp and if it's a date, well, let's just say I'm old fashioned. *sigh*. I know it's a big expense, but I love good food. I am thinking I am going to have to brush up on my cooking skillz to help with the pocketbook (why is it called a pocketbook? hrm)

This whole dating thing is expensive and prone to failure. it's a scam I tell you. :)

No comments: