Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Speaking the Word

I was listening to Mike Bickle, who is the head of IHOP, which is the International House of Prayer (not pancakes). He said something that really struck me. that it was when God spoke that His power was released. So likewise we need to speak the Word and the Holy Spirit will work. While this sounds weird, it makes a kind of sense to me. We have the Holy Spirit with us, and He is waiting to work if we just speak the word. now it can't be any word, but the Word of God according to Mike ( from what I remember), which makes sense. I can't say, "make me a hamburger". But if I claim a promise from God, does that spur the Holy Spirit to action?

maybe...I'm going to try it, as what is there to lose? no danger of speaking God's Word, right? ;)

No comments: