Tuesday, July 02, 2002

working at home sucks

I cannot stand working at home. Everyone says it's great, and that you don't have to commute, but I am not as effective at home because I am so spatially orientated. i.e. I have certain places for certain activities, and it is very difficult for me to sleep in the same room as my computer, which is where I do all my surfing, emailing, etc, etc... One of the reasons I bought a house was to have a separate office where I could do my work. now some of you might think "hey, if you get to work from home, that's something they factor into the equation" but I feel like the company has paid for 8 hours of work, and if I don't give what I believe is 8 hours of work, I've effectively stolen from them.

In either case, I don't like it cause I get isolated from everyone else, and there is something about being in the office with the other people that you can get things done more quickly than when people are in disparate geographical locations. Still doesn't remove the sting of a 45 min commute one way.. :)

Subscribe to this blog

No comments: