I was thinking about the nature of friendships, and how there will be people whom you will call friends, but you will never be close with. It's in my nature to try to be close to everyone, and I think that is the main reason that I get stressed whenever someone hangs around me too much, cause then I feel like I'm obligated to be their best buddies, especially if they are socially awkward and don't have friends to being with. I always feel that there are many people who was a piece of me, and I can't give it to them without draining and exhausting myself.
I also met this guy Al, who happened to be a real estate developer...he has contacts with builders and he acquires property and sells them to builders or builds his own houses using sub-contractors....really interesting stuff, and he seems to be doing pretty well...(it's pretty hard not to do well in real estate these days) so we talked a little bit about what it is like to be a businessman, trying to make money, but doing it in a way that is honoring to God. If anything, I know who I will go to when I want my house built... :)
anyway, on another note, I'm going snowboarding tomorrow! it'll be sweet...there's this girl I wanted to meet, sarah, but I haven't gotten a chance to really talk with her...we'll see. ;)
I'm ready for another concussion again in the terrain park...
Friday, January 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment