Wednesday, November 21, 2007

1,2,3 Thanksgiving Dinners

So I suddenly realize that I have 3 thanksgiving dinners to go to this weekend. I don't know how it happened, but I have one tonight with my mom and the single people for her church, tomorrow night with some cousins and their fellow church people at my house, then the finale, thanksgiving dinner at my sister's place (which is the "official" dinner). I swear, if I make it gaining less than 10lbs, then I will consider it a victory.

I heard that 50% of the weight gain for people throughout the year is picked up during the 6 weeks from thanksgiving to christmas. nutty eh? and I believe it. :) we are a nation of gluttons. :) millions of turkeys fear november because of us.

I'm going back to moody and taking the Romans course. As I am reading romans again, I'm struck at how applicable the verses in romans are. I find myself underlining and putting notes next to every other verse, and I have to stop every couple of minutes to really let it sink in...Romans is vaulting to the top of the "favorite books of the bible"...

On another note, I'm reading "captivating", which is this book on women's hearts. I picked it up because I have realized that I basically know nothing about women and I find myself at a loss sometimes with what to do, what to say, or anything...it's frustrating to say the least, especially from someone who prides himself on knowing a lot about everything. Just goes to show you there is going to be something that you can't figure out. ;)

No comments: