So this weekend I went to the Midwest Thanksgiving Conference, or MTC for short. It's always a good time, and it always challenges me to determine what is biblical or not. This year I was prayed for by this guy, Anton Cruz. Interesting guy, but he's one of those guys who prays for you and gives you a good word. the only reason that I went in to be prayed for by this guy (because I usually am really skeptical about these guys) was because my dad went to be prayed for and when he prayed for him and gave him a good word, my dad was crying. I haven't seen my dad cry in 20 years, so I know that there was something to be said about this, since my dad is a skeptic as well.
So what did he say? without any introduction, without any speaking between me and him, he said I should continue with bible college, that I am a student of the word, that I will be going to be doing a good work in the future, first to a specific place, but then more generally later on around the world. While this wasn't so specific, but there was enough to make me start thinking about the gift of prophecy and the possibility that it could be around today. I don't know what to think because one side of me says that the gift does not exist, but there is a part of me that says, "how can this guy be so spot on about everything?" I know a healthy dose of skepticism is still good, but I'm wavering...all part of maturing in Christ I guess.
On another note, I got through Thanksgiving relatively unscathed and I had 30 high school kids over at my house on thanksgiving to give them a thanksgiving since they were away from home. I had forgotten how much joy I get in hosting parties and having people over at my house. I don't know why I derive so much enjoyment from it all, but I do. I guess I need to have more parties. :)
Monday, November 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Anton was "spot on" without any pre-information from you and you still wonder if prophecy exists today? I definitely believe the Lord continues to work through the Holy Spirit and I am glad that you got to experience just a taste of it. It's exciting to know that God has plans for you that include Moody and Taiwan, and maybe the entire world! :)
yeah, call me a cynic if you will, but I'm starting to be convinced. dunno what this is going to mean for me, but yes, it's exciting to know that God has confirmed this!
Post a Comment