Taking a break from writing papers, I'm outside in my driveway with a hoe, shovel and squegee, trying to move the melted ice off my driveway so it doesn't freeze into a pool of ice the next day. I hack away at the ice with the hoe and ice is flying into my face, but I persevere and get just the driveway apron cleared as well as I could with the tools I had. I have never been more thankful that I wear glasses.
So 4 papers down, one more to go tonight, which is a book report on a book I haven't finished reading. 80 pages more to go reading the book, but that shouldn't be a problem. What I find is that I resent the amount of work that needs to be done, not because of the amount, but because I cannot really soak it in what I am reading and take it to heart, cause I'm trying to just get it done. I guess life is like that.
I did get out though and saw Wicked. It was pretty good, and I enjoyed the theater! This is a surprise to me, as I always thought that I didn't like the theater. But there is something to be said about having live actors perform, rather than watching a movie. Given that I could watch 12 movies for the price of one show, watching theaters as regularly as movies is going to be a trend in my life. We also went to Bin 36, a restaurant downtown. The food was ok, but the wine and cheese were excellent. If I were to go back to Bin 36, that I would just have wine and cheese and have dinner somewhere else. I had this fig terrine that was out of this world...yum.
nothing too much more to say, my brain is fried. There have been a couple of announcements at church that are making me think about whether or not to stay at harvest...we'll see what the Lord directs me to.
Monday, February 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment