Big weekend for me. My roommate Janson got married, and it went well. They did away with parts of the wedding that no one likes. (bouquet & garter toss) Me and Scott also got the 'evil eye' from the bride while they were cutting the wedding cake...there were many reasons for this, but the most likely reason was us yelling "in the face! in the face!" at the time.
Scott's birthday party was up next on sunday afternoon, and it was a lot of fun. I look at other people's lives and think my life sucks. The friends that I have I haven't kept up with, and the people that I spend the most time with, I don't necessarily care about as much. With Janson leaving, I felt a missed opportunity in developing a good friendship with someone who desired to see Christ be glorified in his life and in his work. Why is this? Maybe it's because I'm much more comfortable in my own world, where I am insulated from disappointment or conflict. It's this driving desire to do what I want to do and not sacrifice for someone else...Even when I do sacrifice, I don't give the object of sacrifice my all, just what tends to suffice, nothing more. What is up with that?
Monday, April 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment