I took my mom out for mother's day. It was kind of a weird type of restaurant, because it was very modern, and very 'chic' which I wasn't expecting out of a shop in a arlington heights strip mall.
It was kind of funny, because both my mom and dad were both so out of place there, but my mom was so gracious and appreciative about me and my dad taking her out. The conversation dynamic was really interesting, because it was me talking to dad and then me talking to mom. Rarely did mom and dad talk at the dinner table. I don't know if this is because they know each other so well after 30+ years of marriage, or some other issue...and in the course of this I always end up playing 'referree' between then, when one misunderstands the other. I don't know if it's good or not, but I've been doing it for so many years that it's become second nature to me. I wonder if other people do the same thing I do?
Monday, May 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment