Friday, May 20, 2005

Sex Drive

You know, I was talking with a friend of mine (non-christian) and we got on the subject of sex drives. I mentioned that I believe that women don't have sex drives, that they don't desire for sex, while my friend disagreed. The fact is, I assume that most of the women that I know of personally in church don't have a sex drive, and that marriage will be me pleading for it, and getting some once in a while, with the wife thinking it's her duty and that's the only reason she'll do it. But in all likelihood, it's very probable that they do, but you aren't going to be advertising that you have a sex drive if you are a christian woman...maybe it's hard for me to reconcile to this fact, since sex has been ingrained as wrong simply because most of the images and scenes of sex involve wrong sex. I rarely if ever see a married couple having sex. (on the screen, on the screen!) most everything is involving pre-marital sex so it's easy for me to associate sex with sin.

Is this true? Can we even talk about it without getting into unwholesome talk?

No comments: