I cramped up in both my calves last night, while running. And even then, I didn't run that quickly, I didn't think. Evidentally, it's not a good idea to exercise when you are on a water fast. note to self about that... :)
I'm writing all these retreat of silence notes, and I can't help but think I have a huge responsibility for this, and really, should I be doing this? If people only knew the depravity of my soul, would they really want to read and listen to what I say? More so, is this what God wants me to say? hrm.
I've also been thinking about this blog thing. I've been doing this nearly every day for the last year, as I resolved to write something each day, but as I look over everything, is it better to write when I have something to say, or just pure mindless drivel that I feel obligated to write each day?
Isn't that how our lives are like? We'd like to think that we come up with these epiphanies all the time, but in actuality, we don't. Most of our lives are mundane, talking about menial things and once in a while a epiphany will happen and we can write about it. So do we just write about the high points in our lives, the times when things are noteworthy? Not in this blog. This blog is all the points of my life as much as I can remember. The low points, the high points, but mostly, overwhelmingly menial points in my life. Is it boring? Oh yes. Is it who I am? Yup. Does that mean I'm boring? yes, as much as the next guy.
The other reason could be that I doin't put forth enough effort into writing the blog, to think of something creative to say. To that I would say yes. I don't. Why? Because this blog isn't for the world, this blog is here for a select audience who wants to see the real Josh, who thinks about dumb things and menial things every day and doesn't have these awesome thoughts to share with the world. I'm fine with that.
Friday, October 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment