Monday, October 03, 2005

Special Moments

I was thinking about the desire for everyone to have that "special moment" that God would directly speak to them, or that they get this vision from God and do whatever God tell them to do.

What I don't hear is about the moments that lead up to that. I for one, always thought that the special moment happened instantaneously , but in reality, that special revelation or moment is usually a result of the consitent walk with the Lord over the years. Some visions come after a fast, and so I think this idea of wanting this special moment and having it come out of the blue is not right. These special moments start germinating far before we ever think about it, and it is only after the special moment that has been brought that we see the results of these years and maybe even decades of faithful walking.

Heck, we see it all the time in the bible, but is it really all that often, given that Israel had millions of inhabitants and that it was a very rare occurance for the Lord to appear to them. I think we forget that, because the Bible is seemingly portraying that this stuff happens all the time! This cannot be proven true, but all indications says that it doesn't, and that it is a rare thing for sure.

No comments: