I read in a runner's world magazine about CEO's who run. One of them had a quote at the end, "some days I wake up and think, "who the hell is going to tell me that everything will turn out ok?"' and I think, "yeah, that's me! so many things going on right now, that I wonder if everything will turn out fine. Everytime I run into a issue at my house, car, YAM, work, school, roommates, friends, I think, "when is there going to be someone who can say, "everything will turn out ok, I'll handle this?" So many times, I feel like I'm the only one that cares about a issue, whether it be prayer in YAM, cleanliness, or various other things that I do. MAybe that's artificial, cause I generally don't put forth a lot of effort in trying to find people who have the same interest. I generally think in terms of existing friends, and then how to welcome friends in YAM.
I remember a couple of years ago, I would walk into a room and think about what other people are excited about, what their passion is, but over the years, I don't care as much anymore and therefore tend not to get into good conversations with them. It's probably something that I need to work on more, to try to connect with these guys.
That's what I want in a wife. I want a woman who has most importantly passion and more precisely, passion in serving Christ, pushing her comfort zone however reluctantly, and at the same time somewhat "worldy". yes, that's right, I want a 'worldly' wife. What does that mean? That means someone who isn't so sheltered from the life in the world, living in church all the time, and flitting around from bible study to bible study, but someone who is willing to engage the world and not to isolate themselves from the world because of the fear of being tainted. I fully believe that we need to get ourselves out there into the world in addition to having a vibrant spiritual life. If we don't have that vibrant spiritual life, then we will get tainted by the world.
Tuesday, October 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment