Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Are you meek?

Cause if you aren't, you will not inherit the earth. Some would say that it is a good thing, given the state of the earth, but the contrast is still exists. How does a meek person inherit the earth? Don't the prize go to the bold?

I believe that meek means being meek before the Lord. When you are meek before the Lord, you are in understanding that God is so great and we are so small. And that's ok. In fact, that's how it should be. The ego, pride, pretense is gone and that burden that we all bear trying to make our stamp on the world is released. What joy is that! This is how you inherit the earth because being meek before the Lord means being bold in the world. For what does the accolades of men mean when your worth is found in the Lord?

Someone commented that they see me being a lot more confident than I was before. I attribute that to being satisfied in my place before the Lord. I can see and feel how I have changed in my outlook in life and the way that I see things. I see things in a spiritual perspective and a eternal perspective. It's awesome! took a long time to get here, but now that I'm here, I don't want to leave. :)

No comments: