Friday, March 28, 2008

Keep the Faith

I had a conversation with my friend Stephen. He's studying to be a pastor at my church and we got talking about my spiritual attack and he brought up a interesting perspective about the responses I have gotten when I put this out on facebook.

He noticed that everyone who replied was a girl, except for one other guy. why is that? I had 7-8 girls who said that they have encountered the same thing and been overwhelmed with the same kind of feelings and how they were able to stand against the attack. Most of the guys were helpful in giving verses, but they didn't share any similar experiences. Is this because they have never encountered this type of attack, or have they, and they do not want to share these types of attacks with others? I think it is encouraging and it shines a light into how Satan works against us to better recognize when Satan is attacking us.

We talked about "keeping the faith" and what that means in real life. Does it mean to just keep believin'? or does it mean more? is it keeping close to the faith as we tend to be far and close to God at different points in our lives. Is it a active pursuit of God, keeping our eyes on Him?

It was so encouraging to talk to him and I thank God for those who God has placed around me...

Keep the Faith!

No comments: