Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The World offers so much.

I heard this on a promo, which I thought was so true.

"The world offers me so much all the time. But it never satisfies. It NEVER satisfies."

We can say that the world has nothing for me, but it isn't true. The world has so much to offer us. The problem is that what the world offers us, what the world displays doesn't satisfy.

I have been seduced by the world's wares all too often. Money. Fame. Power. The usual suspects. Relationships. Self Strength. Electronic goodies. Cars. Houses. Bikes. Clothes. At one point in my life, I have heeded the siren's call and found myself caught in a slow trap of getting and still wanting.

Walking to work I see the wants that would engulf my heart with desire. Desire that should be for God alone. Keeping those desires from my heart is a ever constant battle, one that cannot be won in this lifetime. So what can I do? I do not fight, I let the Lord fight my battles for me, even though my flesh cries out for the wares of the world. It is such a burden!

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Man, do I long for what satisfies as I find the things of this world are not what they are all cracked up to be.

No comments: