Monday, March 24, 2008

the quest to be popular

Is this my quest? that I be popular? that I be well liked by everyone? and if I am not, then my sense of self worth plummets?

Been thinking through a lot of this, examining motives and such. Had family dinner last night, and I am so thankful for my family and their love for me...I don't know what I would do without them. They say that I think too much, that I am turning myself into a mental pretzel because I think "what if I am doing this because of a selfish motive?" "what if I am doing this because of something ungodly in my life?" etc, etc. I am on the side now that if the ultimate goal is to brings people together AND brings them closer to God, then what does it matter? Ultimately God will bring this to light to me where I cannot ignore it, and He will deal with me if it is a ungodly motive that gets me to do these things (hosting parties, etc, etc.)

So the moral of the story? don't think too much about it, just be doers. I already think too much. ;)

No comments: