Yesterday, I had to deal with some group dynamics with some people butting heads against another. Dealing with this is new to me, as I generally work on teams of one and don't have to deal with egos, territory, etc, etc...
But it makes me wonder whether or not production team isn't organized quite the way we need it, and quite the opposite, has caused a lot of frustration and confusion into what the roles are supposed to be. Part of the reason is that I believe there are too many cooks in the oven, too many minds to try to agree on every little thing. Originally, my vision is to have only a couple of people who are a part of dealing with the direction of YAM, and now everyone who has a part deals with YAM direction. Something tells me that I am going to have to deal with this with Jeff and to the others in production. I'm not looking forward to it, partly because I don't have a lot of experience with this, and partly that I never look forward to potential conflict. I want to be a better leader, I want to be able to provide an environment where people can do their best, that they aren't bickering or fighting for space and are free to do what they need to do...Maybe I need to dust off those leadership books and read them for once...
Friday, September 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment