Monday, September 19, 2005

no analysis, just do

I talked to my cousin yesterday at my other cousin's baby dedication. He said something to me, which made me think. I explained to him all the things that were going on with me, and how things were crazy, and I didn't know whether or not this was God puting me through this, or if it was something else. His response? Does it matter? You're in the situation already, so knowing whether or not God is putting this through you, or if God isn't doesn't help your situation any. But if you can learn from your situation, and learn something about God, then it os good, as learning about God through anything is good.

I never really thought about it this way. I don't need to analyze why I am going through a situation while I am in that situation, because God will make it evident that He was in it, or not, after you have gone through it. This frees me of trying to decipher what God is trying to do with my life right now. I don't need to analyze...that's freeing. freeing indeed.

No comments: