TV. Some part of me wants to have one so I can be caught up with the world and what is happening, but another part of me knows that I will just waste my time and watch stupid things that don't grow me in the character of God. In some way, I'm resonating with a quote I read
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.
William Morris
There are so many things in my house that are not beautiful, or have any functionality, such as the TV, and other utilitariian things. I realize the impact of beauty in my spirit, and how just looking at something that has beauty calms my spirit. Take my restoration hardware armoire. I love this thing, everytime I open it, put my hand on it, I have a sense of satisfaction when interacting with a solid piece of furniture. Not that this means that I will put the furniture above ministry but it's just something I noticed.
No comments:
Post a Comment