Friday, September 09, 2005

Meetings and money

whew,

well, we're getting to the point where money is becoming scarce. I need to pay my partner, and I also need to get my refi going, and then the retreat as well. But the good thing is that I am not moving this weekend. If I was going to do that, then I'd be really stressed out.

Last night I asked my roommate if he is doing anything this weekend, and he replied 'no', but the way he said it was a tone of despair. It's like this guy doesn't have any life outside of his wife of one year, and he is having problems with that (hence him being my roommate for the time being.)

It's sad really, and it makes me resolve never to be that way if I ever get married (which is looking as a remoter possibility as the years go by.)

I also feel bad and somehow feel responsible for giving him some semblence of a social life this weekend for some reason. part of me wants to shy away from this, as I doni't want to be responsible for everything that crosses my path. But on the other side am I just not willing to put myself out there if it doesn't pay me back in some tangible way?

Man I'm self centered. Guess that answers the question about being responsible for his social life. I'll take him out to a outing once this weekend.

No comments: