Saturday, September 24, 2005

Marriages failing

I see so much of marriage and how difficult it is, how tenuous the chances of staying together, it makes me think twice about getting married and having a relationship. No matter what happens, there could be a hidden issue, or some bear trap just waiting to sabotage any relationship. My roommate is dealing with this right now, and is going on 14 weeks of separation. I don't want to go through that. But at the same time, I don't want to go through life alone. But marrying someone because you don't want to be alone? That's a pretty negative reason to get married, and a shaky foundation to base the rest of your life on.

Sometimes I feel like a weirdo for begin 32 and single. But the more I encounter failed marriages, the more I start thinking that I'm right where I should be.

No comments: