Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Men and Women, Merry Christ-Mass!

Merry Christmas everyone! I sit here Christmas afternoon, with my mom and dad...studying. Such a good chinese son I am... The family is coming over later this afternoon, so the fun and activities will start then.

Christmas is really for the kids at this point. They enjoy opening up presents, but I am still trying to figure out how to go about in letting them know what Christmas really is all about, that is Jesus Christ's birth. So little time to teach these kids in what they should know...

I had a great talk with my brother in law about the roles of men and women and whether or not the pendulum has swung the other way and now men are shouldering the responsibility of the emotions of women too much. What is meant by this is that women should not depend solely upon their husbands to meet all their emotional needs. We aren't built to do that in a way that a closer than a sister friend could to her. And that's ok. While there is an element of focusing on the husband, it shouldn't be done at the cost of having a close girl friend who can understand her on a deep level.

This doesn't absolve the responsibility of the man to do this when he can, but to look at the husband for failing to uphold all the emotional needs that a woman has, is that right?

I am not convinced of this theory, but it does get me thinking that maybe we have feminized men to an extent that pushes the balance to the other side and does not allow men to be men if you will. Things to think about.

No comments: